Ultimate IoT board DC kit
Sowillo IoT board used for the smart home, solar-thermal controller, and many other automation projects
This revision of the Sowillo IoT Box is aimed at DIY enthusiasts and Open Source developers. Being Open Source adepts, our team decided to make our hardware available to the Community!
With Sowillo Box IoT you can!
Do you want to monitor how much you spend on water heating? Tweak your lighting or add connect to a 433MHz smoke detector? Maybe, something peculiar to your needs? No Problem!
This hardware revision is fully compatible with ESPHome (tab here to see the tutorial).
Whats inside Ultimate IoT board DC kit?
- A pair of high-power relays (250V 12A, 250V 16A) to switch various devices, such as motors, valves, or even an electric heater;
- Cheap 1-Wire DS18B20 family temperature sensors — as many as you want;
- An AC current sensor — monitor power and detect failures in your appliances;
- Rich connectivity with WiFi, BLE, LoRa, and 433 MHz on-board — for ultimate connectivity and flexibility;
- I2C and SPI for hooking thousands of supported devices;
- Serial port for monitoring and debugging;
- Modbus for the industrial hardware you might have.
Multiple shields allow you to tweak your solution as needed:
- Sowillo Box AC Power Shield (AC 85V-265V, with 3.6V Li battery* backup);
- Sowillo Box DC Power Shield (DC 7V-50V, with 3.6V Li battery* backup).
For more demanding applications when you want to switch multiple devices (more than 2), please make sure to pay attention to our I2C relay board.
Ultimate IoT board DC kit Specifications:
- Connectivity (Wired): Modbus, Serial, I2C, SPI;
- Connectivity (Wireless): WiFi, BLE, Lora, 433Mhz;
- Measurement: flow (ultrasonic), digital temperature sensors DS18B20 (any amount supported by the manufacturer), AC current, custom sensors via I2C/SPI;
- Outputs: 12A (motor/valve/lamp output), 16A (heater output), 16x 10A relays (I2C extension board)
- Inputs: Buttons, Digital 3.3V
- PCB dimensions 85×65 mm
The Ultimate IoT board DC kit include:
- The Ultimate SOWILLO IoT board AC
- x2 D18B20 temperature sensors
- 1710MHZ~2690MHZ external antenna
- 20A Current sensor
- IP65 box
We have prepared several educational videos for our clients.